“O Jesus, I offer this for the love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.”
From the Third Apparition of Our Lady of Fatima: Jacinta, Fernando and Lucia on July 13, 1917.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Blessed Feast of Our Lady of Fatima! Never lose heart, and pray without ceasing. As we have been invited to fast and pray together today for world peace and an end to abortion, we entrust Our Lady of Fatima to intercede in a powerful way for the conversion of sinners and reparation for sins committed against her Immaculate Heart. “In the midst of current tensions,” the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops writes, “we invite Catholics around the country to join us in fasting and praying the Rosary on Friday, May 13, the Memorial of Our Lady of Fatima. Let us offer our prayers and fasting for these intentions:
- For our nation, for the integrity of our judicial system, and that all branches of government be dedicated to seeking the common good and protecting the dignity and rights of the human person, from conception to natural death.
- For the overturning of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey in the Supreme Court’s final decision in Dobbs v. Jackson.
- For the conversion of the hearts and minds of those who advocate for abortion.
- For a new commitment to building an America where children are welcomed, cherished, and cared for; where mothers and fathers are encouraged and strengthened; and where marriage and the family are recognized and supported as the true foundations of a healthy and flourishing society.
- For Our Blessed Mother’s intercession and guidance as the Church continues to walk with mothers and families in need, and continues to promote alternatives to abortion, and seeks to create a culture of life.”
“O God, who chose the Mother of your Son to be our Mother also, grant us that, persevering in penance and prayer for the salvation of the world, we may further more effectively each day the reign of Christ” (Collect from the Mass of Our Lady of Fatima).
Thanks to Sister Esther Pilar Torres, SCTJM, her Sisters in Phoenix and Pam Lambros, we had a marvelous Spring Convocation for Religious at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale from March 25-27, 2022. Over 60 Religious Sisters and Priests attended and celebrated “The Beauty of the Consecrated Life” on the Feast and Solemnity of the Annunciation of Our Lord. Sr. Moira Debono, RSM gave a talk on the beauty of our prayer life entitled, “Fairest Love” within the Liturgical Life of the Religious Woman.” Sr. Mary Beverly Arao, PVMI gave a talk on the beauty of the Religious vowed life, witnessing to the Incarnation. There were many graces and blessings bestowed upon all there. Here are photographs from this special event and gathering of the Religious of the Diocese of Phoenix. There is such brilliance from their beauty.
Religious Sisters of the Diocese of Phoenix who attended Mass with Auxiliary Bishop Eduardo Nevares.
Let us be inspired to pray the Rosary daily for peace, for the conversion of sinners, for reparation for sin. Let us never lose heart and pray always for life, for the Lord’s will to be done in our lives and in our hearts.
Your Sister in Christ,
Sister Anthony Mary Diago, RSM
Director of the Office of Consecrated Life of the Diocese of Phoenix